About The Course
The APMG International Change Management™ certifications are based on the theory and application of change for the individual, change for the organisation, communication and stakeholder engagement and change management best practice. Change Management is associated with the effects and management of change; this is a high priority for any organisations where change is important to facilitate project implementation.
The accredited Change Management™ Foundation e-learning course provides you with sufficient knowledge and understanding of Change Management to become an effective team member involved in organizational change projects, and fully prepares you for the foundation examination. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention. Change Management certified professionals are recognized for possessing the knowledge and skills to support smooth organizational change.
The certification is aimed at current and aspiring professionals in organizational change, transition and transformation roles, such as change leaders, change managers, portfolio managers. Also managers and professionals from other disciplines who are interested in understanding the basic principles of achieving successful organizational change, transition or transformation would benefit from Change Management™ Foundation course. The Foundation certification is also an entry requirement for the Change Management™ Practitioner certification.
You do not need any qualifications or work experience to start the Change Management™ Foundation course.
1. The Change Management Context
2. Learning and the individual
3. Change and the individual
4. Change and the organisation – Part 1
5. Change and the organisation – Part 2
6. Stakeholder engagement
7. Communication and Engagement
8. Change Impact
9. Change readiness
10. Exam technique
11. Exam simulator
By the end of the Change Management™ Foundation e-learning course you should be able to:
• understand how the process of organizational change or transformation occurs;
• understand the roles needed to assemble teams most likely to achieve successful organizational change;
• understand how people react to organizational change and how to help them adapt;
• develop strategies to keep people motivated while an organization undergoes change;
• understand the different types of change process e.g. planned and emergent change;
• understand how to keep stakeholders engaged while an organization undergoes change.
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate time required to complete modules – 10-12 hours.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the APMG International.
• computer-based exam format, taken online via Online Proctoring (webcam, microphone and valid ID required). Further information available here,
• consisting of four sections, total of 50 multiple-choice questions. Pass mark score is 25 out of 50 available (50%),
• examination duration – 40 minutes,
• closed book examination.
There is no re-certification requirement; the Change Management™ Foundation is a lifetime certification.
If the full package is purchased that includes official examination, please contact SkillPoint when you are ready to take your exam and we will send you full instructions on how to book your exam within 48 hours. Please note the exam must be taken within 12 months of purchase and all course modules need to be completed and assessments passed prior to this stage.
Further Study & Career Options
An improved skill set will enable you to qualify for organizational change, transition and transformation roles. Adding Change Management™ Foundation to your CV proves you possess the knowledge and skills to support smooth organizational change.
Professionals in the following job roles use Change Management principles: change leaders, change managers, portfolio / programme / project managers, project team members, as well as managers and professionals from other disciplines who are involved in organisational change, transition or transformation.
On successful completion of this course you could progress on to Change Management™ Practitioner certification to expand your Change Management knowledge and improve your job prospects further. Alternatively, you could progress to the APMG International Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FNFM™) course to improve your knowledge and skills in all aspects of basic business finance and its practical application.
Please get in touch with SkillPoint advisor who will discuss your current situation and will provide the advice and guidance to help you create your own tailored learning journey.
Change Management™ certifications were created by the APMG International in collaboration with The Change Management Institute (CMI), the global, not-for-profit organisation of change managers committed to advancing the change management profession; it is recognised as the world’s leading change management professional association.
The Change Management Institute (CMI) have a membership scheme that offers Change Management professionals a wide range of content designed to help you excel in your professional roles and advance your careers. You may apply for Change Management Institute (CMI) membership if you would like to become a member. Further information and pricing available here.
The ‘E-learning’ package includes:
- the accredited e-learning course (12 months’ access),
- tutor support (via phone and email),
- mock exam simulator, and
- SkillPoint course completion e-certificate.
The ‘E-learning + Exam’ package additionally includes:
- the official exam (via Online Proctoring) which must be taken within 12 months of purchase, and
- the accredited e-certificate. Please note if you would like a physical copy, you will need to pay an additional fee to the exam board.
The link to the E-learning Portal and your login details are usually sent within 3 working hours after purchase (excl. Saturday and Sunday). This is sent to the email address that you use during purchase.