About The Course
The Project Management Institute (PMI)® is the leading professional membership association for the project management profession. Their work delivers value to more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve organizational success and further mature the profession. Their global standards for project, program and portfolio management are the most widely recognized in the profession and their certification program leads to internationally-recognised qualifications.
SkillPoint offers the following PMI certifications:
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
• Project Management Professional (PMP)®
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® will enable you to gain an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management. This certification recognizes a knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, so CAPM qualified candidates will stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
The accredited CAPM e-learning course fully prepares you for the examination. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention. The CAPM e-learning course is aligned to the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide, current 6th edition.
The CAPM certification is aimed at current and aspiring project managers, as well as those who work on, or with, project teams. It will enable you to add project management skills into your current role or manage larger projects and gain more responsibility. Regardless of your career stage, the CAPM is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on, or with, project teams.
To be eligible for the CAPM certification, you must meet the following educational and/or professional experience requirements:
• secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or global equivalent), and
• 23 hours of formal project management education completed or 1,500 hours of professional experience on a project team (SkillPoint CAPM e-learning course fulfils the eligibility requirement for project management education hours).
On completion of the e-learning, you have to submit application form to PMI evidencing that you meet the criteria mentioned above. There is a strict protocol as they have to authenticate that the above criteria have been met before you can sit the exam.
Learning synopsis sessions
2. Project lifecycle and organisation
3. Project management processes
4. Project integration management
5. Project scope management
6. Project time management
7. Project cost management
8. Project quality management
9. Plan human resource management
10. Project communications management
11. Project risk management
12. Project procurement management
13. Project stakeholder management
14. Course quiz
15. Exam simulator
By the end of the CAPM e-learning course you will be able to:
• be able to describe each process group and knowledge area of the PMBOK® Guide,
• be able to examine and analyse the inputs, tools and techniques of the processes and knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide,
• fulfil the eligibility requirement for the CAPM examination to complete the required 23 hours of formal education,
• have sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a project team undertaking a variety of project management roles.
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate time required to complete modules – 23-25 hours.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the Project Management Institute (PMI).
On completion of the e-learning, you have to submit application form to PMI evidencing that you meet the criteria mentioned in the ‘Entry requirements’ section. There is a strict protocol as they have to authenticate that the eligibility criteria have been met before you can sit the exam.
• computer-based exam format, taken online via Online Proctoring (webcam, microphone and valid ID required) or at a local Pearson VUE testing centre. Further information available here,
• consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions. The pass mark score for the exam varies, as it is determined by sound psychometric analysis,
• examination duration – three hours,
• closed book examination.
Re-certification requirement to maintain CAPM certification is every 5 years.
Official exam is not available for purchase with the e-learning as all PMI applications and exams are processed by PMI only. SkillPoint advisors are happy to guide you through the steps of application submission and exam booking after you have completed your e-learning course.
Further information about CAPM and exam pricing information is available here. Discounted exam rates apply for PMI members. Please see further information about PMI membership in the ‘Addition Information’ section on the right.
Further Study & Career Options
An improved skill set will enable you to qualify for positions in project management. Adding CAPM to your CV proves you possess a good understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.
Professionals in the following job roles use the principles of project management: Project Managers, project team members, other professionals involved in the planning, delivery and closure of projects and professionals working with project teams.
On successful completion of this course you could progress on to the globally-recognised PMP® certification to expand your project management knowledge and improve your job prospects further or AgilePM® Foundation certification to learn how to apply the agile methodology to your projects.
Please get in touch with SkillPoint advisor who will discuss your current situation and will provide the advice and guidance to help you create your own tailored learning journey.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) have a membership scheme that offers access to a vast collection of project management knowledge and career resources, local and global communities, opportunities to grow and give back to the profession, as well as discounts and rewards (discounted exam rates apply for PMI members). You may apply for PMI membership if you would like to become a member. Further information and pricing available here.
The ‘E-learning’ package includes:
- the accredited e-learning course (12 months’ access),
- tutor support (via phone and email),
- mock exam simulator, and
- SkillPoint course completion e-certificate.
The ‘E-learning + Exam’ package is not available for purchase with this e-learning course as all PMI applications and exams are processed by PMI.
The link to the E-learning Portal and your login details are usually sent within 3 working hours after purchase (excl. Saturday and Sunday). This is sent to the email address that you use during purchase.