About The Course
BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation certification is a globally-recognised business analysis certification developed by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. This certification enables you to develop a broad understanding of the latest principles and approaches in business analysis, therefore, enabling you to begin your business analysis career by obtaining BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation certification respected and valued by employers around the world.
BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation e-learning course enables you to develop the knowledge and skills required to support successful business change programmes within your organisation, as well as provides you with a good understanding of how to identify and evaluate options for improving your business. The accredited BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation e-learning course fully prepares you for the foundation examination. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention.
BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation certification is aimed at current and aspiring professionals involved in business analysis. This includes: business analysts, business / change / project managers and their team members, as well as professionals from other disciplines who require an understanding of business analysis, need to support change and/or contribute to improvement of business processes.
You do not need any qualifications or work experience to start the BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation course.
- Session 1 – Introduction/What is Business Analysis
- Session 2 – The Competencies of a Business Analyst
- Session 3 – Strategy Analysis
- Session 4 – The Business Analysis Process Model
- Session 5 – Investigation Techniques
- Session 6 – Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Session 7 – Modelling Business Systems
- Session 8 – Modelling Business Processes
- Session 9 – Gathering the Requirements
- Session 10 – Documenting and Managing Requirements
- Session 11 – Modelling Requirements
- Session 12 – Delivering the Requirements
- Session 13 – Making a Business and Financial Case
- Session 14 – Implementing Business Change
By the end of the BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation e-learning course you will gain an in-depth understanding of business analysis, including:
• the role and competencies of a Business Analyst,
• investigation techniques, such as interviews, observations, workshops and prototyping,
• how to categorise, analyse and manage stakeholders,
• how to model business processes,
• making a business and financial case and assessing feasibility,
• how to establish, document and model requirements.
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate study time required – 20 hours.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the BCS.
• computer-based exam format, taken at a local Pearson Vue testing centre (this exam is not available online via Online Proctoring),
• consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions. Pass mark score is 26 out of 40 available (65%),
• examination duration – 1 hour (60 minutes),
• closed book exam.
There is no re-certification requirement; the BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation is a lifetime certification.
If the full package is purchased that includes official examination, please contact SkillPoint when you are ready to take your exam and we will send you full instructions on how to book your exam within 48 hours. Please note the exam must be taken within 12 months of purchase and all course modules need to be completed and assessments passed prior to this stage.
Further Study & Career Options
An improved skill set will enable you to qualify for business analysis positions. Adding BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation to your CV proves that you possess a broad understanding of the latest principles and approaches in business analysis, therefore, are in a position to begin your business analysis career.
Professionals in the following job roles use business analysis: business analysts, business / change / project managers and their team members, as well as professionals from other disciplines who are involved in change initiates and improvement of business processes within their organisations.
On successful completion of this course you could progress on to the BCS Business Analysis (BA) Practitioner certification to expand your business analysis knowledge, improve your practical skills in this area and improve your job prospects further.
Please get in touch with SkillPoint advisor who will discuss your current situation and will provide the advice and guidance to help you create your own tailored learning journey.
Candidates are recommended to study the official BCS Business Analysis book prior to the examination. Further information and pricing available here
BCS have a membership scheme that offers IT professionals a wide range of content designed to help you excel in your professional roles and advance your careers, as well as provision of networking opportunities with over 70,000 professionals. BCS offers to become an Associate Member free of charge for those who have at least a year of relevant IT experience and who pass BCS Business Analysis (BA) Foundation certification. Further information and pricing available here.
The ‘E-learning’ package includes:
- the accredited e-learning course (12 months’ access),
- tutor support (via phone and email),
- mock exam simulator, and
- SkillPoint course completion e-certificate.
The ‘E-learning + Exam’ package additionally includes:
- the official exam (at a local Pearson Vue testing centre) which must be taken within 12 months of purchase, and
- the accredited e-certificate. Please note if you would like a physical copy, you will need to pay an additional fee to the exam board.
If you are based outside of the UK, please do not purchase ‘E-learning + Exam’ package before you have contacted us and confirmed the nearest to you Pearson Vue testing centre.
The link to the E-learning Portal and your login details are usually sent within 3 working hours after purchase (excl. Saturday and Sunday). This is sent to the email address that you use during purchase.