About The Course
The Association for Project Management (APM) is the chartered body for the project profession and is the largest professional body of its kind in Europe. APM have developed a structured project management qualification path that covers all aspects of project management. The APM is regarded as the leading professional body in Project Management, offering a qualification scheme leading to internationally-recognised qualifications.
SkillPoint offers the following APM certifications:
• APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) formerly known as APMIC (APM Introductory Certificate)
• APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) formerly known as APMP (APM Professional)
The accredited APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) e-learning course fully prepares you for the examination. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention. The APM e-learning courses and exams are aligned to the APM Body of Knowledge, current 6th version.
The APM PFQ is designed for anyone looking to start a successful project management career, or wishing to understand the principles of project management. The APM PFQ is an introductory qualification that offers a fundamental awareness of project management terminology, offering a broad understanding of the principles of the profession. It will provide you with a better understanding of the project management discipline enabling you to make a positive contribution to any project.
You do not need any qualifications or work experience to start the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) course.
By the end of the APM PFQ e-learning course you should be able to understand the following:
• project management and the operating environment,
• the project lifecycle and the management structure by which projects operate,
• project management planning,
• project scope management, scheduling and resource management, risk management and issue management and project quality management,
• communication in the project environment,
• principles of leadership and teamwork.
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate study time required – 15 hours.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the Association for Project Management (APM).
• computer-based exam format, taken online via Online Proctoring (webcam, microphone and valid ID required). Further information available here,
• consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions. Pass mark score is 36 out of 60 available (60%),
• examination duration – one hour,
• closed book examination.
There is no re-certification requirement; the APM PFQ is a lifetime certification.
If the full package is purchased that includes official examination, please contact SkillPoint when you are ready to take your exam and we will send you full instructions on how to book your exam within 48 hours. Please note the exam must be taken within 12 months of purchase and all course modules need to be completed and assessments passed prior to this stage.
Further Study & Career Options
An improved skill set will enable you to qualify for project management positions. Adding APM PFQ to your CV proves you possess a fundamental awareness of project management terminology and a broad understanding of the principles of the profession.
Professionals in the following job roles use the principles of project management: Project Managers, project team members and other professionals involved in the planning, delivery and closure of projects or working with the project teams.
The APM PFQ qualification provides the foundation for further training and qualifications in the expanding project management field.
On successful completion of this course you could progress on to APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) certification to expand your project management knowledge and improve your job prospects further. Also you could expand your project management knowledge with the globally-recognised PMP® certification or learn how to apply the agile methodology to your projects with AgilePM® Foundation certification.
Please get in touch with SkillPoint advisor who will discuss your current situation and will provide the advice and guidance to help you create your own tailored learning journey.
The Association for Project Management (APM) have a membership scheme that offers project management professionals a wide range of content designed to help you excel in your professional roles and advance your careers. By joining APM, the chartered body for the project profession, you are publicly demonstrating your commitment to professionalism and your own continued professional development. You may apply for APM membership if you would like to become a member. Further information and pricing available here.
The ‘E-learning’ package includes:
- the accredited e-learning course (12 months’ access),
- tutor support (via phone and email),
- mock exam simulator, and
- SkillPoint course completion e-certificate.
The ‘E-learning + Exam’ package additionally includes:
- the official exam (via Online Proctoring) which must be taken within 12 months of purchase, and
- the accredited certificate.
The link to the E-learning Portal and your login details are usually sent within 3 working hours after purchase (excl. Saturday and Sunday). This is sent to the email address that you use during purchase.